COVID Safety Measures
For Your Safety
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone, and it looks like things won’t be easing up very soon.
This is why we are putting measure in place that will put the safety of participants, crew and stakeholders.
Please take note of these COVID regulations:
PRE-RACE: You will be required to complete an online COVID screening form before registration. The URL will be shared in Race Week.
- Temperature screening will be done at venue on the morning. Please be courteous to our staff while we embark on the process to get everyone screened and ready to race.
- Unfortunately only riders allowed on the venue – NO Spectators, family or friends.
- No person will be allowed to access the Race Venue without the following compulsory items:
- Mask or Buff, covering your face and nose
- Race Number and
- Timing chip / MTB timing board (registered BEFORE race day)
- Practice proper social distancing at all times – no physical contact is allowed. Always keep your bike between yourself and the next rider. Always wear your mask / buff to cover both your nose and mouth at the same time, at the venue and water points. You may remove your mask / buff during racing.
- Sanitation stations will be available throughout the venue. Please look out for these and make use of them as much as possible.
- Riders must arrive at venue approx an hour before start of their Batch to allow for temperature screening. But please do not arrive too early.
- All riders entering the venue will pass by a sanitization station and then through the Screening area where your temperature will be taken and an electronic questionnaire completed.
- Any person registering above 38 degrees or who does not qualify according to the basic questionnaire will not be allowed to access the venue or race.
- From the scanning area, riders may proceed directly to the batch holding pens and await their start.
- Toilet facilities will be available. Please sanitize before entering and after exiting the toilets.
- Coffee, cooldrink and take away vendors will also be at the venue, but there will be no sit down facilities or tents. Again we encourage riders to sanitize before and after doing their purchases. No alcohol will be on sale.
- Social distancing rules apply at the water points as well. When stopping at a water point, please cover your mouth and nose with a buff or mask and only touch the items you will keep with you.
- Water points will be touch-less and energy bars and sweets will be pre-packaged.
- All liquids will be dispensed using a foot activated valve system.
- At the Finish, riders collect their own goodiebag and proceed directly out of the fenced area where they can collect a sealed hydration drink.
- While we’d love to have some post-race vibe at the race village, riders cannot stay at the venue after they’ve finished this year. Food and drink will be available for purchase, but only for take away.
- Cut-offs may be enforced on the route, so please be aware.